With growing awareness of the global climate crisis then it’s time to re-imagine the modern way of life and twenty-first century infrastructure. With a booming population and more than two-thousand years of history, London has a unique set of difficulties to face when transitioning into a sustainable future.
Cutting-Edge Green Tour
Insider London’s Cutting-Edge Green Tour is London’s only Sustainability Tour!
Our capital was recently voted as the most sustainable city in the world, but can it live up to this reputation? Give us two hours and then cast your vote.
The only walking tour of its kind, award-winning Insider London’s innovative Green Tour explores sustainability from a wide variety of perspectives and examines successes, failures and grey areas.
Are you a student of ethical business, environmental science or human geography? Perhaps your corporate group is keen to check out the city’s eco-credentials? We invite you to explore London’s green scene. This tour is full of great case studies of corporate social responsibility, urban planning and green policy.
Meeting Point: Outside the Dominion Theatre, Tottenham Court Road.
Finishing Point: Outside Embankment Tube Station.
On this tour you will discover
- The sustainable credentials of hidden gems and well-known landmarks
- One of the city’s first ethical business hubs
- The latest stages of the UK’s “war on plastic”
- Why London is seen as a world-leader in green transport
- Exciting new green developments and eco-conscious retrofitting
- London’s bid to become a “National Park City” and the urban greening movement
To book your Cutting Edge Green Tour or to find out more then get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
As architects step up to one of the greatest challenges in history, we look at the buildings pioneering our transition to a greener future. Buildings use an estimated 40% of our global energy needs so come and examine the sustainable features of some of London’s most iconic skyscrapers.
From energy and water savings to carbon-free commuting and renewable materials, all aspects of both the construction and operation of buildings must now be taken into consideration. This is an exciting time for engineers and architects who consider brand new solutions and combine the latest in innovative design and exciting new technology.
With many factors at play, the challenges faced by architects in London are unique. The City of London hosts some of London’s most recognisable and impressive skyscrapers, but also upholds some of the world’s tightest planning regulations. How are the leading “starchitects” of our times balancing these challenges?
We examine at some of the capital’s most distinctive towers which boast green credentials and explore how the built environment is adapting to the needs of our time.
Meeting Point: Outside the Andaz Hotel, Liverpool Street
Finishing Point: Outside the Bloomberg Building, near Bank Station
On this tour you will discover
- A wide variety of approaches to sustainability
- The key principles behind sustainable building certification
- A new side to some of London’s best-loved buildings
- The only building in the world to have integrated wind turbines
- The conflict between heritage preservation and the drive for progress
- The world’s most sustainable office building
To book your Sustainable Architecture Tour or to find out more then get in touch via email@example.com.