Finance Tours - City of London & Canary Wharf
City Finance Tour
This tour is now also available as an online education package. Click here to find out more.
Join us on our award-winning walking tour of the City as we take you on a fascinating journey from the financial centre’s humble beginnings in 17th century coffee houses to its ancient and unusual governance and voting system that’s still in use today.
Our expert guide will show you how the City of London developed into a global financial centre, taking in key buildings such as: the London Stock Exchange, Guildhall, the Bank of England, Lloyds of London and Rothschild’s. Examining the role of the City and its institutions today, this tour looks forward to the future of the financial centre.
Meeting Point: Panyer Alley, exit 2 of St Paul’s Station
Finishing Point: The Cheesegrater (Leadenhall Building), near Liverpool Street Station
On this finance walking tour you will discover:
- The origins of London Stock Exchange, one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges and currently the largest stock exchange in Europe. Discover how the stock exchange works in the modern day with the development of new technology
- Guildhall, home to the City of London Corporation. Discover the City of London’s unique governance structure, including why the Queen must seek permission to enter the City
- Why it’s the only area in the UK to elect its own Sherriff. Uncover the ancient traditions and roles established 800 years ago which are still upheld in London’s Square Mile today
- The myriad of Livery Companies and Freemen that occupy the City, hear about their role and purpose, past and present.
- How the Bank of England pioneered the modern banking system and why it’s worth its weight in gold and its role in the global financial crisis
- How the UK’s Insurance sector grew and who is big enough to insure the insurance companies
To book your City Finance Tour or to find out more then get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canary Wharf Walking Tour
This walking tour explores the economic powerhouse: CANARY WHARF - the new finance centre of London. Come and explore the amazing development which boasts more bankers than the City of London and some of the most expensive real estate in the world.
After the traditional City of London, this is the second main financial centre within the United Kingdom. Rising from the derelect dockland came Canary Wharf - with some of Europe’s tallest and most imposing skyscrapers.
Follow the towering pinnacles of JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, HSBC, KPMG, Credit Suisse, EY, Thomson Reuters and many more.
Meeting Point: Outside Carluccio’s, Reuter’s Plaza
Finishing Point: Near Canary Wharf Station (this is a loop tour)
On this canary wharf tour you will discover:
- The stories of the many global banks that call Canary Wharf home
- How Canary Wharf compares to the City of London
- How an industrial area moved into the post-industrial world
- How the latest fintech developments are making waves in traditional finance
- The impact of the financial crisis, Brexit and more
- What the future holds for this critical piece of the UK economy
To book your Canary Wharf Tour or to find out more then get in touch via email@example.com.