City Finance Tour
Join us on our award-winning walking tour of The City as we take you on a fascinating journey to discover the origins of London’s financial centre - from its humble beginnings in 17th century coffee houses to its ancient and unusual governance and voting system that’s still in use today.
Our expert guide will show you how the City of London developed into a global financial centre, taking in key buildings such as: the London Stock Exchange, Guildhall, the Bank of England, Lloyds of London and Rothschild’s.
Meeting Point: Panyer Alley, exit 2 of St Paul’s Station
Finishing Point: The Cheesegrater (Leadenhall Building), near Liverpool Street Station.
On this tour you will discover:
- The origins of London Stock Exchange, one of the world’s oldest stock exchanges and currently the largest stock exchange in Europe. Discover it’s similarities with ‘flat white coffee’, how the stock exchange works in the modern day with the development of new technology
- Guildhall, home to the City of London Corporation. Discover the City of London’s unique governance structure, including why the Queen must seek permission to enter the City
- Why it’s the only area in the UK to elect its own Sherriff. Uncover the ancient traditions and roles established 800 years ago which are still upheld in London’s Square Mile today
- The myriad of Livery Companies and Freemen that occupy the City, hear about their role and purpose, both then and now
- How the Bank of England pioneered the modern banking system and why it’s worth its weight in gold and its role in the global financial crisis
- The world of banking and all its forms from the nation’s central bank to a retail bank where you can pop in and deposit a cheque
- How the UK’s Insurance sector grew and who is big enough to insure the insurance companies
- Why a one meter long gold grasshopper sits above Lombard Street and other cryptic London City signs
To book your City Finance Tour or to find out more then get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canary Wharf Walking Tour
This walking tour explores the economic powerhouse: CANARY WHARF - the new finance centre of London. Come and explore the amazing development which boasts more bankers than the City of London and some of the most expensive real estate in the world.
After the traditional City of London, this is the second main financial centre within the United Kingdom but thirty years ago it was little more than derelict dockland. Once a booming port, by 1980 the docks were completely closed – then rising from the marshes came Canary Wharf with some of Europe’s tallest and most imposing skyscrapers.
One of the greatest ever feats of civil engineering, come and experience the impressive grandeur of some of the world’s most powerful financial giants which are embodied by the amazing skyline. Follow the towering pinnacles of JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, HSBC, KPMG, Credit Suisse, EY, Thomson Reuters and many more.
The Estate now comprises around 16,000,000 square feet (1,500,000 m2) of office and retail space where around 105,000 people work. Complete with extravagant residences, beautiful parks, public artwork and five different shopping malls, Canary Wharf has become a luxurious destination with world-class economic status.
Meeting Point: Outside Carluccio’s, Reuter’s Plaza
Finishing Point: Near Canary Wharf Station (this is a loop tour)
On this tour you will discover:
- The twists and turns of the enormous regeneration project
- How Canary Wharf compares to the City of London
- How an industrial area moved into the post-industrial world
- The breath-taking architecture of new finance.
- The amazing and ongoing developments in transport infrastructure, including the Crossrail, which service the business eco-system
- The masterplan of Wood Wharf, a brand new 23 acre site which is set to take Canary Wharf to the next level
- What the future holds for this critical piece of the UK economy
To book your Canary Wharf Tour or to find out more then get in touch via email@example.com.