London Regeneration Tours - Kings Cross & Olympic Park
A vibrant and constantly evolving city, London is home to some of the world’s most impressive regeneration projects. Home in on the most exciting and up-and-coming areas and dramatic changes which have shaped the urban landscape.
In addition to our Canary Wharf Tour, we showcase the amazing developments at Kings Cross and the Olympic Park. These tours are perfect for academic, corporate or private groups interested in geography, urban planning and business eco-system development.
Kings Cross Tour
We journey through the area’s lifecycle from its notorious past to its transformation into a destination station and high-end district.
The symbiosis of this transport super hub with world-renowned institutes has produced a prestigious knowledge quarter and a thriving knowledge-based business eco-system. The huge investment into the public realm alongside careful treatment of heritage has created a stylish hub of retail and hospitality. With fantastic sustainability credentials, the area is still evolving.
Kings Cross never fails to impress and has quickly become one of London’s most fashionable postcodes for work, live and play.
Meeting Point: By the bronze Henry Moore sculpture, in front of Kings Cross Station
Finishing Point: Near King’s Cross Station, this is a loop tour
On this regeneration tour you will discover
- The importance of the transport infrastructure, including High Speed 1, which goes far beyond the Harry Potter film set
- The significance of the British Library & the prestigious Francis Crick Institute to the project
- The restoration of Victorian grandeur and impressive retrofitting of industrial architecture
- The strategies used to create inviting public spaces
- How the area has attracted major players like Google to set up their HQ
To book your Kings Cross Tour or to find out more then get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Olympic Park Tour
In 2012 all eyes were on London and Queen Elizabeth Park. This was a phenomenally successful event but after the last medal had been awarded, what became of the area? We tour the lasting legacy of the Olympic Park Regeneration Project. Over two hours, journey through the complete story of this now thriving district from the decision to choose East London to the area’s continuing transformation. Stroll past the iconic architecture and explore the fascinating story of the Olympic Park.
Meeting Point: At the Westfield exit of Stratford Tube Station
Finishing Point: Here East, five minutes from Stratford Station on the free shuttle bus
On this tour you will discover:
- Why one of the biggest shopping malls in Europe came to this downtrodden area
- The elegant silhouette of the world’s greatest public swimming baths
- The conflicts and tensions with a certain Premier League football club
- The transformation of the Olympic Village to the newest postcode in London
- One of the UK’s most important technology clusters
To book your Olympic Park Tour or to find out more then get in touch via email@example.com.