Educational Tours Berlin
Our guided 2-hour walking tours showcase the most exciting dimensions to Berlin as a rich and vibrant hub of creativity and business innovation. Check out our absorbing Silicon Allee/Tech City Tour and our thought-provoking Berlin Street Art Tour!
Silicon Allee/Tech City Tour
Since the fall of the infamous Berlin Wall in 1989, Berlin has unashamedly been an icon for start-ups across the world. With an affordable property boom and a 90s party scene which created a young talent magnet, we explore the local success stories like billion-dollar “unicorn” Zalando, music streaming service SoundCloud and “to-do” list app Wunderlist.
Incredibly with a brand-new start-up born every 20 minutes, Berlin has lost none of its dynamism and energy. In a neighbourhood bursting with genuine get-up-and-go from Fintech to music production and Metadata, this is a place where anything feels possible
It’s Zeitgeist, as they say in Germany.
Welcome to the bullseye of Berlin’s success, a neighbourhood christened “Silicon Allee” - where the young and talented partied their way through the “dot com” bubble. We invite you to soak up the international vibe, traverse secret courtyards and discover the secrets to Berlin’s success.
Meeting Point: Outside Hackescher Markt Station
Finishing Point: Outside Google Berlin, Tucholskystraße
On this tour you will discover:
- Why Berlin attracts more start-up investment than anywhere else in the EU
- Why companies like Airbnb and Tesla have taken the monumental step to establish their brand new bases in Berlin
- How programmers, artists, restauranteurs and fashion designers have come together to fuel the start-up “eco-system”
- How vacant apartment houses morphed from rave venues to futuristic co-working spaces
- Debate whether Berlin’s low prices and edgy vibe can survive the 2020s
This is an exterior walking tour of one of Berlin’s most future-focused neighbourhoods. For an in-depth understanding of Berlin’s tech scene, pair this with a company visit to a pioneering Berlin start-up.
To book your tour or company visit, get in touch via email@example.com
Berlin Street Art Tour
Leave the tourist trail behind to explore Berlin’s edgier side.
Street art in Berlin is the ultimate clue to the city’s have-a-go culture – an insight, if you like, into what makes this fascinating city tick. Forget big names - Berlin is a place where everyone wants to leave their mark, where your hairdresser is probably a DJ and your postman a sculptor.
Why not take time out to explore the global phenomenon of street art as well as the specific local context of the Berlin scene? From globally recognised graffiti legends to up-and-coming local artists, we look at pieces in a variety of mediums in a myriad of different artistic styles, very thought-provoking, very reflective – very Berlin.
Meeting Point & Finishing Point: East Side Café, opposite Warschauer Straße U- Bahn
On this tour you will discover:
- Some of Berlin’s most beautiful and exciting pieces
- The origins of the modern street art movement
- Work by celebrated artists such as Stik, Blu and Thierry Noir
- Some of Berlin’s most powerfully symbolic monuments
- The complex relationship between Street Art and the Berlin Wall
For the ultimate creative immersive, pair your street art tour with a visit to the studio of an acclaimed visual artist. To book your tour or visit, get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.